|Elderly (with photo I.D.)||$.75|
|Disabled (with photo I.D.)||$.75|
|Children (under three feet tall)||Free|
(9 a.m.–3 p.m. weekdays, all day Saturday)
|Elderly (with photo I.D.)||$.50|
|Disabled (with photo I.D.)||$.50|
|Adult||Student||Ederly & Disabled|
Medicare cardholders qualify for half-rate fares
Using the SPARTA farebox
SPARTA's farebox is designed for customer convenience and to validate the payment of a fare. Primarily, there are two ways in order for a passenger to pay his/her fare through the farebox:
- Payment with Cash
- Bills are accepted into the slot on the right side of the farebox.
- Coins are accepted into the coin trap in front of the cash slot.
- Exact change does not have be used. The farebox will produce"change card" which can be used on future rides. Bus drivers do not carry change.
- Payment with a Pass
- Insert the pass into the reader located to the left of the coin/cash receptacles. The pass should be inserted with the front of the pass facing the passenger and the top of the pass facing upward.
- Once the farebox verified the pass, it is returned to the customer.
Transfers are only good at the Passenger Center and are issued at the time the fare is paid will be valid for 90 minutes. Transfers for passengers qualifying for reduced fares are free.
I.D.s with Discounted Fares
Customers should be prepared to present qualifying identification for purchase or use of discounted passes. Operators may ask for I.D.s if they are not presented.