- Development Services
- Neighborhood Services
- Lead Paint Removal Assistance
Lead Paint Removal Assistance
The City of Spartanburg is pleased to announce it has received the Fiscal Year 2019 Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Grant from the Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The purpose of these funds is to remove Lead-Based Paint Hazards and reduce other health hazards in the home for families with children under the age of 6 and safely improve the housing stock of pre-1978 homes in the City of Spartanburg.
The Neighborhood Services Department is now offering a Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Program in both owner-occupied and rental units within the City of Spartanburg for qualifying households. This program includes home Lead-Risk Assessment and Healthy Homes Assessment, Lead Hazard Removal Work, and Post-Clearance and Monitoring of units. View our flyer here.
- The home must be located within the City of Spartanburg limits
- A child under the age of 6 must reside or regularly spend time in the home (over 60 hours per year), or a pregnant woman must reside in the home
- Household income must be less than 80% of the Area Median Income
- The home must be built prior to 1978
- All property tax payments and homeowner's insurance must be current
For more information or to request an application, please contact our Lead-Free Program Staff at 864-580-5010 or email Lead Safe.