- Community Services
- Special Events
There's something special happening year-round in Spartanburg, including a variety of events and festivals that the City directly plans and provides for local residents and visitors! From weekly music series like Music on Main to large-scale events like Spring Fling in April and the International Festival in October, there's always something going on in downtown Spartanburg! Check out all of the City-coordinated events.
Coming up in 2023
- Music on Main - Thursdays, April through July, 5:30 to 8:30 pm at Morgan Square
- Juneteenth Celebration Weekend - Thursday, June 15 to Saturday, June 17
- Red, White, and Boom - Tuesday, July 4 at TBD location
- Downtown Sunday Market - Second Sunday of the month August through November, 12 to 4 pm at Downtown Spartanburg
- Spartanburg International Festival - Saturday, October 7, 11 am to 7 pm at Barnet Park
- Dickens of a Christmas - Tuesday, December 5, 6 pm to 9 pm at Downtown Spartanburg
Sponsor a City Event
The City of Spartanburg sees community events as being vital in weaving the fabric that is our community. But local government can’t do it alone - we need partners who can help us present these events to the community. Please download the document below to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities!
View the Sponsorship Opportunities (PDF).
Are You Holding an Event in the City of Spartanburg?
In addition to the events produced by the City, many other community organizations hold events in the City of Spartanburg From the March of Dimes Team Walk to small neighborhood block parties, there's always something happening in Spartanburg. If you would like to plan an event in the city, please download and complete our special event permits.
If you have a fairly complicated event that will require Street Closures, a moving route, City services, etc. please download the form at the link below.
View and download the Special Event Permit (PDF).
If your event is fairly simple in nature, like a Neighborhood Block Party, and you do not require any City support services, please download the form at the link below