The City's Building Maintenance department is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of more than a dozen City-owned buildings, including City Hall, the Downtown Memorial Airport, Public Safety, Public Works, all City Recreation Centers, and more.
Some City buildings include:
- City Hall
145 W Broad Street
- Downtown Memorial Airport
500 Ammons Road
- SPARTA Passenger Center
North Liberty Street
- Public Safety Crime Prevention
298 Magnolia Street
- Public Works
801 Union Street
- Traffic Engineering
189 John B. White Boulevard
- Public Works Transfer Station
305 W Henry Street
- SPARTA Maintenance Facility
150 Airflow Drive
The Building Maintenance Department's policy regarding flags at City-owned buildings is as follows:
- Flags are only lowered under the advisement of the SC State House or the City Manager's Office.
- Flags are inspected regularly and replaced as needed.
- Lighting is also inspected regularly.
- Flag poles are inspected regularly and repaired or replaced as needed.
- No flags at City-owned properties are raised and lowered daily.
- Any flag that is lowered per the SC State House or City Manager's Office may remain lowered throughout a weekend or holiday, but will be adjusted to standard on the next business day.